-- Sara Mabry, Legislative Aide to Senator Robert Casey (D-PA), explains the importance of reaching out to your Members of Congress and the power of your voice.
If you or someone you know suffers from pulmonary hypertension, then you have a powerful story to tell. Share it on April 2, PHA’s National Call-In Day.
National Call-In Day is your chance to urge your Members of Congress to co-sponsor the Pulmonary Hypertension Research and Diagnosis Act (H.R. 2073; S. 1453). The bill seeks to:
• Increase PH research
• Increase early and accurate diagnosis
• Give those with PH longer, better lives
This bill needs more co-sponsors in order to move through the legislative process and become law. That means, Congress needs to hear from you about how important the PH Research and Diagnosis Act is to the PH community. This is your chance to speak up and be heard. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! Here’s how:
1. Take the pledge! Visit PHA's website and pledge to make your calls. A week before the National Call-In Day, PHA will email you instructions and a script to make your calls on April 2 easy.
2. Spread the word! Ask your friends, family and neighbors to take the pledge at or join our event on Facebook.
3. Make your calls! On April 2, make the calls! Use the script provided by PHA to ensure that your phone calls go smoothly.
Questions? Contact Elisabeth Williams at Advocacy@PHAssociation.org or 301-565-3004 x753.