Monday, May 6, 2013

Faces of PH: Robyn Heinrichs

I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with pulmonary arterial hypertension in June 2012. I started experiencing symptoms nine months before I was diagnosed while living in South Korea to teach English. Because I was only living there temporarily, I relied on public transit which meant a lot of walking as well. There are always a lot of stairs to climb at every subway station and I began to notice that I was struggling to get to the top a lot more than I used to. I didn't think too much of it. When my boyfriend and I finished our contracts in Korea, we traveled to Vietnam. I felt like I could barely keep up with him there. In my heart I knew something was wrong, but couldn't possibly figure out what it was so I told myself and everyone else that I was just really out of shape.

No comments: