Friday, November 30, 2012

Colleen Spreads Awareness at Her Local Hospitals

Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Month Story
Submitted by: Colleen Schnell, patient, Niagara Falls, N.Y.

Usually during Awareness month, I try to educate every day on Facebook and my blog so that others can read about what PH is all about. This year, I thought I'd try to find out if two of my local hospitals would allow me to put up a display in their lobbies. Thankfully, both of them agreed!

I had a display at one hospital for about 4 days, and then 10 days at the other hospital. Much of the materials I had left on the table were gone by the time I came back to take down the display. This made me happy since I realized people actually stopped to take the time to read the board and find out more!

Share your Awareness Month story

No comments: